Friday, August 21, 2009

Prologue

Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Hmmmm.......before July 13, 1997 never heard of the disease much less imagined I would become a victim of it. How do I remember the date? My son's 5th birthday party and it was sweltering out. Although not a lover of the heat by nature, a party is a party and as they say, 'the show must go on'. My duty.....barbecueing. Even though avoidance of any kitchen was a priority, come summer I considered myself a master chef! I was not Burger King however, you got it my way, not your's!

Performing my social duty in a manner of tradition, I aptly manned the grill with aplomb and a Coors light. The only thing I remember was sweating profusely.....bam....hit the ground. It was common consensus that I was having a stroke, yet I refused medical treatment. Went to my Frigidaire room and laid down and slept.

Next day I'm at the neurologist. Transverse mylitysis. What the hell? Couldn't spell it then and can't now. Steriods....prozac...and a host of other drugs I can't remember. A precursor to MS.............

1 comment:

  1. Anytime you want to talk. My blog is http://myhopefuljourneyintoactualmsrecovery.blogspot.com. Shoot me a message and we'll swap emails. I'm a 43 year old guy who is married, but I'm still a dad with MS. Anytime you need to rap, just let me know.

    Lew Chapman

    ReplyDelete